Photo of the trolley in the Adi-Fad exhibition "Making of" in Barcelona.
CLD Urban Cleaning Trolley
This project, made within ESDi University, is a redesign of a manual street sweeping system, encompassing a trolley, broom and bin, to be used by street sweeping staff in Barcelona city. The trolley itself performs two functions: On one hand, it serves to transport the sweeping tools and, on the other one, it serves to collect and transport rubbish. Eco-design methodology was employed for this redesign, including the quantification of environmental impact.
The eco-designed product must differentiate CLD corporation from the competitors as well as fulfilling the requirements
of the service contractor,
in this case the administration council of Barcelona.
THE PROJECT RECIEVED RECENTLY A SPECIAL MENTION AT THE DESIGN FOR RECYCLING AWARDS, BY THE GOVERNMENT OF CATALONIA
- Manufactured from recycled and recyclable materials (ABS plastic for the casing, recycled rubber for the wheels, steel for the structure).
- Product with less environmental impact than its predecessor in the production and end-of-life-stages.
- Durability for a minimum service period of 8 years.
- Ergonomic, adaptable to the user's needs, prevents workplace illnesses.
- Economically competitive, strengthening the local production network.
-Maneuverability and functionality. Integral design. Accessories and brooms and incorporated
.-Ecodesign following environmental analysis parameters.
-Wheels without maintenance.
-Commitment to new materials 100% recycled.
-Lockers for personal belongings.
-Easy separation of components.
-Simple system for selective collecting.
-Own Backpack for staff.